Below is a comprehensive explanation of what a N00b is and how to avoid them. Please note that a N00b and a Newb/Newbie are
not the same. A newb/newbie is simply one who is new to a game or community and inexeperienced, but willing to learn.
Defintion of a N00b
1. Someone with a superiority complex. Often claims to be a master of a game, or to have the ability to ban other users from
a community or forum. Usually very defensive and easily spotted by their declarations of power and delusions of grandeur.
Will often refuse any opportunity to prove said skills or abilities.
2. One who is naive and lacking in knowledge of a specific area of expertise (such as the rules of a forum or game), but blatantly
disregards and often fights against helpful suggestions and opinions from other more knowledgeable people. Often believing
to be above said rules, a N00b will usually resort to flaming/spamming the other members and/or administrators.
3. One who does not understand the concept of a forum, posting at intervals of 30 seconds to one minute, asking questions
such as "well?", "were is every1?", and "im l34v1ng dis plaz iz lame deres no1 her3” without giving reasonable time
for a reply. They are incapable of reading websites, rules, information, or complex sentences and often have an unnatural
attachment to their Caps Lock key.
4. A net user with an undeveloped sense of humor, finding things such as spamming or randomly insulting others to be amusing.
(Basic Definitions courtesy of www.urbandictionary.com)
Characteristics of a N00b
1. Posts in caps lock or alternating lower and uppercase letters. Ex: "HI MY NAME IS N00B" or "hI mY nAmE iS nOoB"
2. Excessive use of netspeak or simple l337. Ex: "DUDE U R SO HOT11111 OMG" or "0h my g0d, 1 4m s0 l33t."
3. Excessive use of emoticons or certain punctuation. Ex: "Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):)"
4. A lack of proper punctuation. Ex: "heyu wna cibr"
5. An inability to spell. Ex: "shut up u stoopid ritard"
6. Repeated posts or nonsense posts. Ex: "fjdiaofn irejoafna' ae8932qnfdajio" or "hi is any1 there????????
hi is any1
hi is any1 there????"
7. A lack of patience. Ex: "HI IMM NU AND I NED HELP!!!! OMG H3LO??!!!!? OMG WTF LOL HELO?!?!!? OMG U GUYS SUK THIS PLAEC
IS LME IMM LAAVNG1!1111!! OMG WTF LOL"
8. Names involving numbers and/or copyrighted characters. Ex: AshKetchum1001 or harry918potterx
1. If approached by or spoken to by a N00b, act as if they aren't there. Responding is an invitation to annoy.
2. Avoid all known n00b hangouts. N00bs are similar to leeches, they attach themselves to a target and will not leave until
forced or bored with thier games.
3. Do not attempt to reason with a n00b. They simply do not respond to logic. A n00b is considered advanced if they can even
form a coherent sentence.